Non- Surgical PRP injections have proven to be extremely effective in battling thinning hair for both men and women. Hair transplants remain the gold standard for patients with severe hair loss but PRP is a much more effective option for people who have mild thinning. Hair loss is caused by a decreased blood supply around the bulb of hair follicles. Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) is a derivative of the body’s blood, a specialist will draw out the blood and centrifuge it down to separate the less dense yellow portion. PRP stimulates collagen and hair growth in the areas it has been injected to target hair loss or thinning hair. It is used to “strengthen the soil” and fertilize the scalp, when the soil (aka scalp) is healthy, the roots (aka hair) can grow stronger and healthier. 4 sessions are recommended, spaced 1 month apart followed by maintenance sessions every 4 months.
Reasons for Hair Loss
There can be many reasons to hair loss that are not related to age such as, lifestyle, hygiene, diet, environmental, genes, and mental health.
- Stress- Can lead to thinning hair and graying
- Hormonal Changes: Can be caused by age, pregnancy, or menopause
- Excessive hair washing/ hair maintenance
- Nutritional Deficiencies- Poor diet can result from missing nutrients like iron, protein, biotin, and zinc
- Over Styling- Stay away from brushing wet hair, pulling hair back tightly, and coloring hair
To determine if you are a good candidate for PRP treatment you can schedule a consultation with Dr. Dugar to discuss if non- surgical PRP hair restoration is right for you.