Thanks to big celebrities like Kylie Jenner and Kim Kardashian, voluminous lips has become a very popular trend in recent years. Plump lips can be easier to achieve at home within seconds by using DIY lip plumper recipes.
- The Most Potent Plumper
- Fill up a pot half way with water and place it on the stove. Let the water simmer but make sure it does not come to a boil.
- Place a heat resistant bowl in the pot.
- Empty your lip balm in the bowl and have it melt completely.
- Save the tube of your empty lip balm so you can use it later.
- Add cayenne pepper, clove oil, and cinnamon oil to the melted lip balm.
- Stir until all ingredients are mixed well.
- Untwist the empty lip balm tube all the way down and pour the mixture into the tube.
- Lip scrub Plumper
- Mix the cinnamon with 1tbsp of olive oil.
- Add salt or sugar and mix.
- Transfer the mixture into a container.
- Apply on your lips for at least 10 minutes and massage lightly with your finger then rinse.
- Using a scrub helps stimulate blood flow, while cinnamon helps plump your lips.
- Lip Gloss Plumper
- Add peppermint oil into the lip gloss container.
- Add cayenne powder.
- Mix well using the wand of the gloss.
- Apply the gloss on the lips.
What you will need: Lip Balm, ½ tsp cinnamon oil, ½ tsp clove oil, and ½ tsp cayenne powder
What you will need: 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder, 1 tablespoon of sugar/salt
What you will need: Clear lip gloss, 3-6 drops of peppermint oil, and a pinch of cayenne pepper
These recipes will give you plump lips for a couple hours but the effect won’t be permanent. If you are looking for a long- term solution you should consider getting safe reversible hyaluronic acid-based fillers like Juvederm to enhance the shape of your lips.